International Outreach Course - Lumbar Hands-On Lab is organized by Spine Intervention Society (SIS) and will be held from Oct 05 - 06, 2018 at K. Papoulias Conference Center University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Epirus, Greece. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 14.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Who May Attend :
SIS Fellows and International Members Residing in Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM).
Resident and Provisional Members Residing in Europe May Attend Didactic Portions Only
International Members who do not meet the above criteria may submit registration and will be placed on a wait list. Payment will not be processed unless you have obtained a spot.
Hands-On Lab Training :
• Needlecraft and C-Arm Positioning
• Interlaminar Epidural Injection
• Selective Transforaminal Epidural Injection: L1-L5
• Selective Transforaminal Epidural Injection: S1
• Diagnostic Facet Joint Injections: Medial Branch Block
• Intra-articular Sacroiliac Joint Injection
Lectures and Breakouts :
• Anatomy and Imaging
• Indication and Outcomes Data
• Techniques and Complications
• Complications and Management
• Radiation Safety
• Normal and Abnormal Flow Patterns
Educational Objectives :
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Analyze the imaging depiction of the relevant anatomy;
• Relate patient history and physical exam findings with imaging to achieve a likely diagnosis of the spinal pathology causing the patient’s pain or dysfunction;
• Describe the literature support for the efficacy of the procedures;
• Identify the risks and benefits of each procedure, as well as assessment, prevention, and treatment of potential complications;
• Apply technically correct performance of the spinal procedures using safe fluoroscopic guidance with minimal tissue injury or discomfort.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.